Before penning down what’s running in my mind, I’ld clearly like to state that these are purely a student’s observations. I may stand on lost grounds as any professional could ask a backing of professional experience behind my words. I have no answer for them. But these are my values for the career I’ve chosen – Civil Service!Any youngster before aspiring for any profession obviously calculates the job specifications, future prospects, pay, security & the most important of them all – job satisfaction! Coming back to Civil Services, it is a known fact that its pay is not as attractive as compared to the private sector but definitely has job security. When government’s concept is clear as a framework bounded by legal & rational means to administer the people, it must be very clear in a person’s mind that he is in the seat to serve the public. When intentions, motto & output are so clear right from the onset, why does one waver himself to self-ends? Why is it difficult to accept what one had expected?
I see myself landing on the opposite side of what is termed as professional practicality. Everyone, I believe, has maintained a vocabulary for justifying their un-justifiable deeds. The one most common thing that I see with debates with anyone is the excuse of pointing fingers at everyone. This, I believe, is the best protective shield for anyone who is not able to answer himself on moral terms. Corruption & public service, as I see it, are becoming the closest & blossoming sisters among & for everyone. Almost every person is administering self-service in the name of public service !
The Indian system in the current scene of public service is as I put it, is a web that everyone wants to be a part of which is in a lion’s den. It is protected by the most powerful people & its reach is like that of a web; penetrating in almost all possible sections with an brilliantly organized connectivity at all nodes right from the decision making authority to decision breaking officials.
In any situation when the economic situation is uneven among the masses, it (corruption & bribing) becomes a practical way to help each other’s pocket dig deeper & deeper.
The question of accountability to the public & more importantly being answerable to oneself is lost among the hearts of self-centered minds. Perhaps, the first thing before entering into any government job has become the last question or just a mere line which has no importance. One of the most shocking things that I found is that even the body language, expressions, lines on the forehead shows an energetic confidence in justifying the evils done.
For the reasons of a strategic & smart mind working for self-ends, innocent hearts are being made to sleep. Heart, which I believe is the most valuable organ which keeps our morals alive, has been dumped in a corner which is not traceable.
Though it may sound filmy, I’ll like to state a dialogue from one of the movie which strongly addressed that, “Sachai aur Imandari se pet nahin bharta”. I question the relevance of this statement. I agree that you have to go through some really unfair struggles when you are one in a billion but that struggle can definitely fetch you your bread if the person is determined enough but this statement becomes relevant only when greed takes the upper hand above necessities & morals.
I’ld rather like to conclude my this thought with a better statement;
“Lehron ke saath,
To koi bhi tair leta hai,
Magar asli insaan wo hai,
Jo lehron ko cheerkar,
Aage bhadta hai” !
(Hey friends, this is my first note on the net. plz feel free to post your comments on it.)
1 comment:
CONTENT IS FINE,MAKE IT MORE COLOURFUL.
NAMAN
Post a Comment