Sunday, January 31, 2010

Windy Summer of 2007


"लोगों का थामना, मेरा चलना,
लोगों का छिपना, मेरा स्थिर खड़े रहना,
कभी भीड़ में भी क्यूँ नहीं रुके कदम,
क्यूँ है इस इस तन्हाई में भी इतना दम ? "


It was 5।30 in the evening। The wind had gone berserk। The frowning of the skies brought happiness to the farmers and the harsh wind gave everyone a reason to take a shelter। A pleasant evening turned out to be unbearable। Women and children ran in and out to make sure household things are safe।

I was unhappy to see fear in the eyes of people। I thought for myself, is this the reason why we are lacking behind for running and turning our backs when a difficult situation pops up ?

The frightening faces around me gave me immense strength to stand firm। Then, I did what was considered as stupid। I headed straight-away towards the direction of the wind। I stood all along the cold phase with my hands folded and unmoved eyes। It was as if I was saying to the blistering evening that, "If you are going to give me a cold shoulder, I will fight every moment of it !"

I don't know what gives me strength or what pleases me to do what I do ! My actions speak for themselves that I always skip what my brain analyses for me and blindly follow the whispers of my heart। Is this the power of will ? I don't know ! Why have I become habituated to say in the eyes of every problem, "Bring it on !"। I ask myself, what has brought this change in me but the answer eludes me।

With time, I am slowly gaining masters in the game of patience। These days, I really love to watch every single game that anyone maybe playing। I smile on everyoone's moves and un-necessary tactics and say to myself, "Good !"। I visualize my game therein and a force within me say, "When I will play, the world will watch and I know, they would be speechless then !"

1 comment:

srishti khanna said...

Cheers !!! At last the world shall get a glimpse of whats on your mind...Let people know how you can face the hard realities of life and yet be so optimistic,its great knowing you dear.Life is very beatiful enjoy it.Always remember you are the best and you deserve the best. Well written substance with an indepth inherent meaning, teaching a lot.